- This event has passed.
Camp Lookinback – Session II: Tuesday, July 19 – Friday, July 22, 9am-Noon
07/19/2016 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm| $75.00
SESSION II IS NOW CLOSED!
To be put on the waiting list, call Janci at 409.898.0348.
Camp Lookinback is a fun and educational four-day summer camp held on the grounds of the historic John Jay French museum. Children, ages 6-11, experience another time in Texas history while in a safe and enriching environment. Hands-on activities related to the 1800s will be conducted each day. Camp Lookinback is fun for both boys and girls! Registration begins soon and space is limited and filled on a first come first serve basis. Cost per child is $75.00 for Non-Members and $65.00 for BHS Members.
Camp Lookinback is based on a three year rotating curriculum for a new experience each year. Each day consists of three hands-on activities and a food craft. This year, activities include:
- Learning about brands and making one of your own.
- Goat care, including the opportunity to milk one!
- Rope a “steer” like a cowboy or cowgirl.
- Dutch oven cooking at the fire pit.
- Making 1800s Christmas gifts
- Identify animals by their fur and skulls.
- Make a leather craft like Mr. French.
- Learn all about the food web.
- and more…
All campers get to tour the oldest, fully restored home in Beaumont – the home of John Jay French and his family!